Discovering the Essential Universe
Sixth EditionNeil F. Comins©2015
Take notes, add highlights, and download our mobile-friendly e-books.
Save money with our hole-punched, loose-leaf textbook.
Read and study old-school with our bound texts.
Discovering the Essential Universe uses astronomy to guide you through the process of science. Pique your curiosity about the cosmos through the vivid writing and spectacular images as you learn how to think past common misconceptions in this area of science.
Read online (or offline) with all the highlighting and notetaking tools you need to be successful in this course.Learn More
Table of Contents
2. Gravitation and the Waltz of the Planets
3. Light and Telescopes
4. Formation of the Solar System
6. The Terrestrial Planets and Their Moons
7. The Outer Planets and their Moons
8. Vagabonds of the Solar System
9. The Sun. Our Extraordinary, Ordinary Star
10. Characterizing Stars
11. The Lives of Stars from Birth Through Middle Age
12. The Deaths and Remnants of Stars
13. The Galaxies