Get Help: Frequently Asked Questions and Answers for StudentsSearch Our Support Community Contact Customer Support
Macmillan Learning Account Information
How Do I Create an Account?
- Navigate to our Sign In / Register page in the top right corner of this page and select “Create Account”.
- Fill in your account information with your 3 security questions and the name of your school or institution
- We will then send an email confirmation & activation link
- After you click the activation link, your account will be created.
How Do I Know If I Already Have an Account?
The easiest way to check this is by clicking the password reset link on the sign-in screen.
If you have an account with the e-mail address you entered, you'll be able to reset your password after clicking the link.
- If you have an account for Achieve, you can use the same account to log into the Student Store.
If your issue persists, you can always reach out to our Macmillan Learning Customer Support.
Purchasing and Shipping Textbooks or Course Materials
What forms of payment are accepted in the Student Store?
The forms of payment that you can use to place and pay for your order (e.g., credit card, debit card or PayPal) will be posted at the time of making your order.
- If you are purchasing via the United States Student Store, only US currency is accepted.
- If you are purchasing via the Canada Student Store, only Canadian currency is accepted. Macmillan does not directly accept financial aid in exchange for textbooks at this time.
Do I need an account to purchase from the Student Store?
Yes, you need an account to make a purchase from the Student Store.
There is no guest checkout. You will be prompted to create an account or log in when making a purchase.
You can login or create an account here.
Can I track my order from the Student Store?
If you are not already logged into your Macmillan account, you will need to log in using the e-mail and password you used when purchasing your book. You can then find the tracking number of your order by visiting My Account > Order History > Order Details. You will also receive an e-mail with a tracking number when your textbook or course materials ships. Go to the UPS website to enter your tracking number and view the details.
What are your shipping options?
We offer free UPS ground shipping for all U.S. orders.
Using this shipping method, you will normally receive your package between 3-8 business days from the time we receive your order. You may be provided with the option to select expedited shipping at the time of check-out for an additional shipping fee.
Do I get a discount if I buy print and digital media at the same time?
Yes! We offer discounted bundles of print and digital media for many of our products, including rentals.
When I purchase access to your e-textbooks or digital media, can I choose how long I get access?
We have several subscription options for digital products which are indicated at the time of purchase and in your Macmillan My Account section.
E-books have three or four options depending on the text:
- 6-months access
- Purchase for indefinite access
LaunchPad access options depend on the text and may include
- 6-month subscription
- 12-month subscription
- 24-month subscription
To learn more about saving money on purchase orders, visit our Rent and Save page.
Can I purchase from the Student Store if I receive financial aid?
The Student Store only accepts payment by credit card or PayPal at this time.
Do you ship your books internationally?
We offer two shipping options for Canadian shipping: standard shipping (delivery in 6-8 business days) and expedited shipping (delivery in 3-5 business days). Please visit our Canadian Student Store to purchase from Canada. For information on purchases from other countries, please visit the Support Community for details.
Why should I purchase or rent from you instead of Amazon or another company?
Macmillan Learning is the only publisher to offer officially brand new textbooks with valid, authorized digital access codes for online study tools, like Launchpad, as part of our rental program. Other rental companies often state explicitly with respect to packages they offer that the included access codes may not work because their texts are used and the access codes may have been redeemed and will not work.
Macmillan Learning is also the only source of bundle rentals (including guaranteed unused access codes) for our products (other than for the titles in the Rental Only Program), and we price them much lower than any other way of getting this combined print and digital solution.
Information on Our Digital Products (E-book, LaunchPad, Achieve, etc)
How do I get access to my digital product after I’ve purchased?
You will need to find your course before you can purchase access to it. If you don't have information about your course, check with your instructor before you purchase on the Student Store.
Once you have your course information and have completed your purchase on the Student Store, you can access your digital product in the following ways. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours during peak demand times to grant access to your digital product.
- You will receive a separate email when your digital product is ready for access.
- For e-book access, please find the link in the e-mail to redeem your access. We do not send access codes for e-books if you’ve purchased it from our Student Store.
- For Achieve, and LaunchPad courses, please find the course link in the “Your Access to [digital product]” e-mail. We do not send access codes for Achieve or LaunchPad if you’ve purchased direct access from our Student Store.
- For Hayden-McNeil Online, please find the link to login/register and the access code in the e-mail.
- For WebAssign, please find the link to login/register and the access code in the e-mail.
- You can access your digital product or e-book by clicking on the “Access your digital item” button through your Order History in My Account.
- Alternatively, you can login directly to the following digital products with the same e-mail address you used to make your Student Store purchase.
When you’ve accessed your product, we suggest bookmarking the course link in your browser for convenience and easy access.
For complete details, visit our Macmillan Learning Support Community
Textbook & Device (e.g. iClicker, iOLab) Rental Returns
How do I return my rental book to the Student Store?
Please see our Rental Returns FAQ page for detailed direction & other FAQs on returning your rental textbooks & other Macmillan products.
Macmillan Textbook Return & Refund Policy
What is Macmillan’s Textbook Return & Refund Policy?
For physical product/ textbook purchases, you can return your unused purchased item(s) for a refund of the purchase price we received (excluding shipping fees).
To receive full purchase price reimbursement please:
- Submit your refund request via your Macmillan My Account page within 21 calendar days of purchase
- Mail your returned product back to be received within 30 calendar days in the same condition as was provided to you.
For complete details, visit our Macmillan Learning Support Community.
How do I return one or more items to the Student Store?
To return one or more items to the student store, you will need to log in to your account and make returns from your order history.
Please visit our Macmillan Learning Support Community for any additional questions.
Is your textbook return policy the same for digital products, physical textbooks, & iClickers?
Physical Products have a 21-day period for initiating a return and must be returned to the warehouse within 30 days after purchase for a refund.
Digital Products have a 14-day period for initiating a return and the product is not available for access immediately upon initiating a return.
I dropped my class or purchased the wrong textbook, can I return my book?
Yes, you can return your unused textbook or item for a refund of the purchase price.
Submit a refund request via your Macmillan My Account page within 21 days after your purchase & return back to us within 30 days from the day of purchase.
Please see the Physical Product Purchase section of our Return Policy page for full details & conditions.
The wrong book was sent to me or it was damaged upon arrival, how do I make a return?
If we erroneously shipped you a damaged product or incorrect product from what you ordered, you can initiate a return within 21 days and choose the correct return option and the warehouse must receive it within 30 days of purchase. In addition to the above refund, we will refund the original shipping fees we received from you at the time of purchase to the form of payment that you used for the product purchase. If you wish for a replacement sent instead, please contact Customer Support, or initiate and return the item and order the correct item.
General Questions & Helpful Links
How can I search for a specific product in the Student Store?
Use the search box on the main page to search by ISBN, title, author, or keyword. If you are searching for a product that was specifically designed for your class, use ISBN. You can also search for a specific digital product such as Achieve or a specific e-textbook.
Do you offer products for rent?
Yes. Most texts include rental options for print editions and e-books. To learn more about our rentals, visit our Rent and Save page.