GET FREE SHIPPING!
Use Promo Code SHIPFREE at Step 4 of checkout.
*Free Shipping only applicable to US orders. Restrictions apply.
Development of Children
Seventh EditionNew Edition Available Cynthia Lightfoot; Michael Cole; Sheila Cole©2013
The Development of Children has long been acclaimed for its authoritative chronological exploration of how the lives of children are shaped by biological and cultural factors. In this thoroughly updated new edition, lead author Cynthia Lightfoot builds on the legacy of original authors Michael and Sheila Cole, offering a lively, engaging, and always accessible examination of child development as a process involving the whole child within multiple, mutually influencing contexts. Throughout, the emphasis is on how the interaction of biology and culture contributes both to the universal pathways of development shared by all children and to the diverse developmental patterns that unfold in the lives of individual children.
Table of Contents
1. The Study of Human Development
Part I In the Beginning
2. Biocultural Foundations
3. Prenatal Development and Birth
Part II Infancy
4. The First Three Months
5. Physical and Cognitive Development in the First Two Years
6. Emotional and Social Development during Infancy
Part III Early Childhood
7. Language Acquisition
8. Physical and Cognitive Development of Early Childhood
9. Social and Emotional Development in Early Childhood
10. Contexts of Development
Part IV Middle Childhood
11. Physical and Cognitive Development in Middle Childhood
12. School as a Context for Development
13. Social and Emotional Developments in Middle Childhood
Part V Adolescence
14. Physical and Cognitive Development in Adolescence
15. Social and Emotional Development during Adolescence