GET FREE SHIPPING!
Use Promo Code SHIPFREE at Step 4 of checkout.
*Free Shipping only applicable to US orders. Restrictions apply.
CP Understanding Rhetoric 2e Virginia Tech University
Second EditionElizabeth Losh; Jonathan Alexander; Kevin Cannon; Zander Cannon; Andrea Lunsford; Kate Pantelides; Jennifer Clary-Lemon©2019
The book you’ll want to read.
After shaking up writing classrooms at more than 450 colleges and universities, Understanding Rhetoric, the comic-style guide to writing that instructors have told us gets "nothing but positive responses from students," has returned for a second edition! Combining the composition know-how of Liz Losh and Jonathan Alexander with the comic-art credibility of Kevin Cannon (Far Arden, Crater XV) and Zander Cannon (Heck, Kaijumax), Understanding Rhetoric encourages deep engagement with core concepts of writing and rhetoric, as teachers and students alike have told us. With a new chapter on collaboration, unique coverage of writerly identity, and extensive discussions of rhetoric, reading, argument, research, revision, and presenting work to audiences, the one and only composition comic covers what you need to know—and does so with fun and flair. A new "Walk the Talk" feature in each chapter helps you see how to put concepts to use in your own reading and writing.
Table of Contents
- Discovering Contexts for Writing
- Going Boldly Through Writing Processes
- Exploring Visual Literacy
- Piecing Together a Definition of Rhetoric
- Reanimating Ancient Views of Rhetoric
- Setting Rhetorical Concepts Loose on the World
- Finding Secret Meanings with Critical Analysis
- Putting the Pieces Together with Synthesis
- Using Reading Strategies
- Imagining the Plans of Ideal Readers
- Leaping into Identities in Writing
- Trying Out Choices for Different Audiences
- Revealing the Performer Within the Text
- Spotlighting Strategies for Argument
- Setting the Scene for Arguable Assertions
- Zooming in on Claims and Evidence
- Focusing on Effective Organization
- Getting Together
- Multiplying Your Research Options
- Collaborating with Audiences
- Managing Collaborative Writing Projects
- Keeping the Story Straight
- Tracking Down Sources
- Deciding Which Sources to Trust
- Making Sources Talk: Summary, Paraphrase, Quotation
- Coming Clean with Citation
- Looking Beyond the Red Ink
- Reviewing Rhetorically
- Seeing Through Others’ Eyes
- Revising Radically
- Launching into the Future of Genres
- Navigating among Media
- Entering the Final Frontier with Publication