Molecular Cell Biology
Ninth EditionHarvey Lodish; Arnold Berk; Chris A. Kaiser; Monty Krieger; Anthony Bretscher; Hidde Ploegh; Kelsey C. Martin; Michael Yaffe; Angelika Amon©2021
Take notes, add highlights, and download our mobile-friendly e-books.
Online course materials that will help you in this class. Includes access to e-book and iClicker Student.
Save money with our hole-punched, loose-leaf textbook.
Read and study old-school with our bound texts.
Molecular Cell Biology prepares you for the cell biology course and beyond, covering cutting-edge research and new experimental techniques, illustrating the connections between cell biology and health and human disease, and helping you visualize key cellular processes with animations in the digital platform, Achieve.
Table of Contents
- Molecules, Cells, and Model Organisms
- Chemical Foundations
- Protein Structure and Function
- Culturing and Visualizing Cells
- Fundamental Molecular Genetic Mechanisms
- Molecular Genetic Techniques
- Genes and Genomics
- Transcriptional Control of Gene Expression
- Post-Transcriptional Gene Control
- Biomembrane Structure
- Transmembrane Transport of Ions and Small Molecules
- Cellular Energetics
- Moving Proteins into Membranes and Organelles
- Vesicular Traffic, Secretion, and Endocytosis
- Cell Signaling I
- Growth Factor and Cytokine Signaling
- Cell Organization and Movement I
- Cell Organization and Movement II
- The Eukaryotic Cell Cycle
- Integrating Cells into Tissues
- Responding to the Cellular Environment
- Stem Cells, Cell Asymmetry, and Cell Death
- Nerve Cells