Fifth EditionBenjamin A. Pierce©2021
Take notes, add highlights, and download our mobile-friendly e-books.
Online course materials that will help you in this class. Includes access to e-book and iClicker Student.
Save money with our hole-punched, loose-leaf textbook.
Read and study old-school with our bound texts.
Genetics Essentials, now fully supported in Achieve, gives you the foundation you need to succeed in the course. You’ll get clear explanations, step-by-step problem-solving help, and a range of interactive tools in the book’s online platform.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Genetics
- Chromosomes and Cellular Reproduction
- Basic Principles of Heredity
- Extensions and Modifications of Basic Principles
- Linkage, Recombination, and Eukaryotic Gene Mapping
- Chromosome Variation
- Bacterial and Viral Genetic Systems
- DNA: The Chemical Nature of the Gene
- DNA Replication and Recombination
- From DNA to Proteins: Transcription and RNA Processing
- From DNA to Proteins: Translation
- Control of Gene Expression
- Gene Mutations, Transposable Elements, and DNA Repair
- Molecular Genetic Analysis and Biotechnology
- Genomics and Proteomics
- Cancer Genetics
- Quantitative Genetics
- Population and Evolutionary Genetics