What Is Life? A Guide to Biology
Fourth EditionJay Phelan©2018
Bookmark, search, and highlight our PDF-style eBooks.
Spend less and get the eBook, quizzes, and more.
Save money with our loose, 3-hole punched pages.
Read and study old-school with our bound texts.
This package includes LaunchPad and Loose-Leaf.
This package includes LaunchPad and Paperback.
What is Life? gives you everything you need to succeed in your non-majors biology course and to understand why biology matters in your life. What is Life? is fully experienced through LaunchPad, Macmillan Learning’s online learning system, which includes an ebook, animations and videos, and practice problems to help you make the grade!
Table of Contents
Part 1. The Facts of Life
1. Scientific thinking
2. The chemistry of biology
3. Molecules of life
4. A tour of the cell
Part 2. Genetics, Evolution, and Behavior
6. DNA and the expression of genes
7. Genomics and biotechnology
8. Chromosomes and cell division
9. Genes and inheritance
Part 3. Evolution and the Diversity of Life
10. Evolution and natural selection
11. Evolution and behavior
12. The origin and diversification of life on earth
13. Animal diversification
14. Plant and Fungi diversity
15. Evolution and diversity among the microbes
Part 4. Ecology and the Environment
16. Population ecology
17. Ecosystems, communities, and species interactions
18. Conservation biology