GET FREE SHIPPING!
Use Promo Code SHIPFREE at Step 4 of checkout.
*Free Shipping only applicable to US orders. Restrictions apply.
Real Essays Essentials
First EditionMiriam Moore; Susan Anker©2018
Take notes, add highlights, and download our mobile-friendly e-books.
Read and study old-school with our bound texts.
Gain confidence as a reader, writer, and thinker as Real Essays Essentials builds your academic writing skills to lead to improved success in college and beyond with the support necessary to enable you to develop better paragraphs and essays.
Read online (or offline) with all the highlighting and notetaking tools you need to be successful in this course.Learn More
Table of Contents
A Note for Students
PART ONE: College Thinking, Reading, and Writing
1. Critical Thinking, Reading, and Writing: Making Connections
2. Getting Ready to Write: Audience, Purpose, Form, and Process
3. Organizing Your Main Point and Support: Giving Ideas Structure
4. Drafting and Revising: Putting Your Ideas Together
PART TWO: Writing Different Kinds of Essays
5. Narration: Writing That tells Stories
6. Illustration: Writing That Shows Examples
7. Description: Writing That Creates Pictures with Words
8. Process Analysis: Writing That Explains How Things Happen
9. Classification: Writing That Sorts Things into Groups
10. Definition: Writing That Tells What Something Means
11. Comparison and Contrast: Writing That Shows Similarities and Differences
12. Cause and Effect: Writing That Explains Reasons or Results
13. Argument: Writing That Persuades
PART THREE: Doing Research
14. Research Essays: Using Outside Sources
PART FOUR: Grammar, Punctuation, and Mechanics
15. Basic Grammar: An Overview
16. The Four Most Serious Errors
17. Other Grammar and Style Concerns
18. Punctuation and Capitalization
Useful Editing and Proofreading Marks