Elements of Evolutionary Genetics
First EditionBrian Charlesworth; Deborah Charlesworth©2010
Read and study old-school with our bound texts.
Discover why the methods of evolutionary genetics are critically important for our understanding of evolution in general. Elements of Evolutionary Genetics teaches you how models of the genetic processes involved in evolution are made, and how they're used to interpret classical and molecular genetic data.
Table of Contents
2. Basic selection theory and the maintenance of variation
3. Directional selection and adaptation
4. Migration, mutation and selection
5. The evolutionary effects of finite population size: basic theory
6. Molecular evolution and variation
7. Genetic effects of spatial structure
8. Multiple sites and loci
9. The evolution of breeding systems, sex ratios and life histories
10. Some Topics in Genome Evolution
Mathematical and Statistical Appendix