Promo Code SHIPFREE
Julien's Primer of Drug Action
Fourteenth EditionClaire D. Advokat; Joseph E. Comaty; Robert M. Julien©2019
Bookmark, search, and highlight our PDF-style e-books.
Read and study old-school with our bound texts.
Julien’s Primer of Drug Action continues to evolve side by side with the field it covers providing a thoroughly up to date look at psychotherapeutic and recreational drugs, including the latest research and the newest formulations.
The thoroughly updated 14th edition features:
- New coverage of opioids of abuse, and drugs used to treat of opioid dependence and opioid overdose.
- New research on the use of marijuana to treat Alzheimers, PTSD, and Epilepsy.
- New coverage of pharmacological, physiological, and psychoactive effects of synthetic marijuana including its toxicity.
- New research on Cannabidiol (CBD) and its therapeutic uses
- New research of the efficacy of antipsychotics to treat dementia, Parkinson’s, bipolar, OCD, PTSD,
- New research on hallucinogenics for the treatment of various disorders including MDMA for the treatment of PTSD, Psilocybin for treatment of depression and end-of-life anxiety, and Ayahuasca to treat psychiatric disorders
- The use of genetic testing to predict effectiveness of antidepressant treatment
- New research on the use of ketamine for the treatment of depression
Read online (or offline) with all the highlighting and notetaking tools you need to be successful in this course.Learn More
Table of Contents
Part 1 Introduction to Psychopharmacology: Biological Basis of Drug Action
Chapter 1 Pharmacokinetics: How Drugs Are Handled by the Body
Chapter 2 The Neuron, Synaptic Transmission, and Neurotransmitters
Chapter 3 Pharmacodynamics: How Drugs Act
Part 2 Pharmacology of Drugs of Abuse 93
Chapter 4 Epidemiology and Neurobiology of Addiction
Chapter 5 Ethyl Alcohol and the Inhalants of Abuse
Chapter 7 Cocaine, the Amphetamines, and Other Psychostimulants
Chapter 8 Psychedelic Drugs
Chapter 9 Cannabis: A New Look at An Ancient Plant
Chapter 10 Opioid Analgesics
Part 3 Psychotherapeutic Drugs
Chapter 11 Antipsychotic Drugs
Chapter 12 Antidepressant Drugs
Chapter 13 Anxiolytics, Sedative Hypnotics, Anesthetics, and Anticonvulsants
Chapter 14 Drugs Used to Treat Bipolar Disorder
Part 4 Special Populations and Integration
Chapter 15 Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology
Chapter 16 Geriatric Psychopharmacology
Chapter 17 Challenging Times for Mental Health
Appendix A: Quick Reference to Psychotropic Medications
Appendix B: Introduction to Epigenetics