First EditionPhilip Nelson©2013
Read and study old-school with our bound texts.
Biological Physics centers around new results in molecular motors, self-assembly, and single-molecule manipulation that have revolutionized the field in recent years alongside classical results. Also providing foundational material for the emerging field of nanotechnology, both undergrads and graduate students can benefit from using this text.
Table of Contents
2. What’s inside cells
3. The molecular dance
4. Random walks, friction, and diffusion
5. Life in the slow lane: The low Reynolds-number world
6. Entropy, temperature, and free energy
7. Entropic forces at work
8. Chemical forces and self-assembly
III. Molecules, Machines, Mechanisms
10. Enzymes and molecular machines
11. Machines in membranes
12. Nerve impulses