First EditionLauren Ingraham; Jeanne Bohannon©2020
Save money with our loose, 3-hole punched pages.
Read and study old-school with our bound texts.
This package includes Paperback and Paperback.
Learn to Loop from Start to Finish
The Writer’s Loop is designed to help you embrace the habits of strong writers, who pause often, reflect, and loop backwards and forwards in their writing process to improve their writing. With integrated videos, relatable examples, clear explanations, and clearly explained multi-draft assignments, this multimedia guide will you help you practice the types of academic writing you’ll need to produce in college.
Table of Contents
1. Being an Academic Writer
2. Understanding Rhetoric
3. Understanding Writing as a Recursive Process
4. Improving Your Draft Using Feedback and Revision
5. Reading Actively and Critically to Create Meaning
6. Writing Academic Arguments
7. Writing for Public, Digital Spaces
8. Planning Your Research and Evaluating Sources
9. Managing, Annotating, and Summarizing Sources
10. Crafting a Thesis for a Substantial Writing Project
11. Integrating Ideas from Sources
12. Tightening Your Argument
13. Pulling It All Together in a Final Portfolio
Appendix: Understanding Academic Citation Styles