FREE eBook access.
While your print book ships!
Tree Thinking: An Introduction to Phylogenetic Biology
First EditionDavid A. Baum; Stacey D. Smith©2013
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to phylogenetic trees and their importance in modern biology
2. Tree thinking and its importance in the development of evolutionary thought
3. What a phylogenetic tree represents
4. Trait evolution
5. Relatedness and biological classification
6. Gene trees and species trees
7. Phylogenetic inference with parsimony
8. Phylogenetic inference with distance, maximum likelihood and Bayesian methods
9. Statistical tests of phylogenetic hypotheses
10. Using trees to reconstruct evolutionary history
Answers to chapter quizzes