FREE eBook access.
While your print book ships!
Psychology Major's Companion
First EditionDana Dunn: Jane S. Halonen©2017
Everything you need to know to get where you want to go with a psychology major.
With good advising, hard work, and focused energy, undergraduates majoring in psychology have before you a future full of amazing possibilities. The objective of this book is to help you to declare the psychology major if it is in your best interests to do so, to learn strategies regarding how to produce the best in your major experience, and to prepare for either graduate school or a psychology-related professional life. To create this guide, authors Dunn and Halonen drew extensively on experiences with their own students, as well as interactions with colleagues. The chapters speak to a full range of students, including both traditional students and adult learners.
Read online (or offline) with all the highlighting and notetaking tools you need to be successful in this course.Learn More
Table of Contents
2. The Nature of Psychology and the Psychology Major
3. Should You Major in Psychology?
4. Building Psychology-Related Skills
5. Hitting Your Stride as a Student
6. Charting Your Course in the Major
7. Doing Psychological Research from Start to Finish
8. Using Psychology to Improve Leadership
9. What Options Are There for Students with a B.A. or B.S. in Psychology?
10. What Can You Do with an Advanced Degree in Psychology?
11. How Do You Apply and Get Into Graduate Programs in Psychology?
12. Keeping Connected to Psychology Appendix A APA Style Student Paper (Annotated) ReferencesJoint Author and Subject Index