FREE eBook access.
While your print book ships!
Organic Chemistry Study Guide and Solutions
Sixth EditionMarc Loudon; Jim Parise©2016
Parise and Loudon's Study Guide and Solutions Manual offers the following learning aids:
* Links that provide hints for study, approaches to problem solving, and additional explanations of challenging topics;
* Further Explorations that provide additional depth on key topics;
* Reaction summaries that delve into key mechanisms and stereochemistry;
* Solutions to all the textbook problems. Rather than providing just the answer, many of the solutions provide detailed explanations of how the problem should be approached.
Table of Contents
1. Chemical Bonding and Chemical Structure
3. Acids and Bases. The Curved-Arrow Notation
4. Introduction to Alkenes: Structure and Reactivity
5. Addition Reactions of Alkenes
6. Principles of Stereochemistry
7. Cyclic Compounds: Stereochemistry of Reactions
8. Noncovalent Intermolecular Interactions
9. The Chemistry of Alkyl Halides
10. The Chemistry of Alcohols and Thiols
11. The Chemistry of Ethers, Epoxides, Glycols, and Sulfides
12. Introduction to Spectroscopy. Infrared Spectroscopy and Mass Spectrometry
13. Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
14. The Chemistry of Alkynes
15. Dienes, Resonance, and Aromaticity
16. The Chemistry of Benzene and its Derivatives
17. Allylic and Benzylic Reactivity
18. The Chemistry of Aryl Halides, Vinylic Halides, and Phenols. Transition-Metal Catalysis.
19. The Chemistry of Aldehydes and Ketones. Carbonyl-Addition Reactions.
20. The Chemistry of Carboxylic Acids
21. The Chemistry of Carboxylic Acid Derivatives
22. The Chemistry of Enolate Ions, Enols, and a,b- Unsaturated Carbonyl Compounds
23. The Chemistry of Amines
25. The Chemistry of Thioesters, Phosphate Esters, and Phosphate Anhydrides
26. The Chemistry of the Aromatic Heterocycles; DNA
27. Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins
28. Pericyclic Reactions