FREE eBook access.
While your print book ships!
Fourth EditionBenjamin A. Pierce©2018
Bookmark, search, and highlight our PDF-style eBooks.
Save money with our loose, 3-hole punched pages.
Read and study old-school with our bound texts.
This package includes Loose-Leaf and Sapling Learning Plus.
This package includes Paperback and Sapling Learning Plus.
Derived from his popular and acclaimed Genetics: A Conceptual Approach, Ben Pierce’s streamlined text covers basic transmission, molecular, and population genetics in just 18 chapters, helping students uncover major concepts of genetics and make connections among those concepts as a way of gaining a richer understanding of the essentials of genetics.
With the new edition, Ben Pierce again focuses on the most pervasive problems for students taking genetics—understanding how genetics concepts connect to each other and developing solid problem solving skills. There is updated coverage of important research developments in genetics (CRISPR) and a new Active Learning feature, Think, Pair, Share. And with this edition, Genetics Essentials is available as a fully integrated text/media resource with SaplingPlus, an online solution that combines an e-book of the text, Pierce’s powerful multimedia resources, and Sapling’s robust genetics problem library.
Table of Contents
2. Chromosomes and Cellular Reproduction
3. Basic Principles of Heredity
4. Extensions and Modifications of Basic Principles
5. Linkage, Recombination, and Eukaryotic Gene Mapping
6. Chromosome Variation
7. Bacterial and Viral Genetic Systems
8. DNA: The Chemical Nature of the Gene
9. DNA Replication and Recombination
10. From DNA to Proteins: Transcription and RNA Processing
11. From DNA to Proteins: Translation
12. Control of Gene Expression
13. Gene Mutations, Transposable Elements, and DNA Repair
14. Molecular Genetic Analysis and Biotechnology
15. Genomics and Proteomics
16. Cancer Genetics
17. Quantitative Genetics
18. Population and Evolutionary Genetics