Like all titles in the Scientific Teaching Series, Assessment in the College Classroom will provide an introduction to assessment techniques (formative and summative), including an introduction to the literature that supports these efforts and their practical application in the classroom. Many of the chapters address using pre-existing assessment tools (Backward Design, Bloom’s taxonomy, etc.) for guiding effective teaching and learning.
Table of Contents
2. Evaluating the Cognitive Levels of Instructional Materials Using an Educational Taxonomy
4. Formative Assessment: Assessment for Learning
5. Assessing Higher-Order Cognitive Skills with Multiple-Choice Questions
6. Preparing Students for Assessments
8. Assessment Workshop: Disseminating What You Have Learned