FREE eBook access.
While your print book ships!
Tenth EditionRonald J. Comer; Jonathan S. Comer©2018
Bookmark, search, and highlight our PDF-style eBooks.
Spend less and get the eBook, quizzes, and more.
Save money with our loose, 3-hole punched pages.
Read and study old-school with our bound texts.
An award-winning teacher, accomplished researcher, and experienced therapist, Ron Comer knows how to communicate the complexities of the abnormal psychology, to speak to the concerns of students, and to portray the real human impact of psychological disorders. For the 10th edition of this market leading textbook, Ron is joined by Jonathan Comer who brings his special expertise in developmental psychopathology research, brain circuitry, cognitive-behavioral research, and technology-driven treatment.
With its signature integrated coverage of theory, diagnosis, and treatment, and remarkably inclusive cross-cultural perspective, this new edition of Comer’s widely adopted textbook shows students where the study and treatment of psychological disorders stand today. In addition to a thorough updating, the new edition employs some extraordinary interactive tools to bring students face to face with the realities of psychological dysfunction, organized for easy access and assignability in LaunchPad, Worth Publishers’ breakthrough online course space.
Table of Contents
Abnormal Psychology in Science and Clinical Practice
1. Abnormal Psychology: Past and Present
2. Research in Abnormal Psychology
3. Models of Abnormality
4. Clinical Assessment, Diagnosis, and Treatment
Problems of Anxiety and Mood
5. Anxiety, Obsessive-Compulsive, and Related Disorders
6. Disorders of Trauma and Stress
7. Depressive and Bipolar Disorders
8. Treatments for Depressive and Bipolar Disorders
Problems of the Mind and Body
10. Disorders Featuring Somatic Symptoms
11. Eating Disorders
12. Substance Use and Addictive Disorders
13. Sexual Disorders and Gender Variations
Problems of Psychosis and the Cognitive Function
14. Schizophrenia and Related Disorders
15. Treatments for Schizophrenia and Other Severe Mental Disorders
16. Personality Disorders
17. Disorders Common Among Children and Adolescents
18. Disorders of Aging and Cognition
19. Law, Society, and the Mental Health Profession